Friday, July 26, 2013

Why Are Good Girls Attracted To Bad Boys ?




Today, I visited a chat room in www.date inasia.com , one of the dating sites I am registered at , and I couldn’t help but notice that the men who talked dirty, who displayed very poor chat manners were the guys who got the most responses from women.

Is it because of the bad boy phenomenon ? Why are good girls attracted to bad boys? What do women see in these rogues ?

First, let me define my own understanding of bad boys.

There are the seriously bad apples who have regular run-ins with the law, drug-users , and those that get arrested for violent acts.These are the thugs and murderers sitting in jail cells all around the world  who are constantly inundated with letters from women declaring love and even proposing marriage .

And then there’s the mischief-makers who enjoy breaking rules just because they’re there. So they drive too fast, engage in risky behavior, and seek out danger.  The thrill seekers.

So here’s my take on this.

These girls had a father who was a little bit on the wild side and because these girls idealize their father, they may seek a partner with similar traits.

Another reason is because It’s always a challenge for women to reform an incorrigible man. Talk about “motherly instincts”.

Other women like the excitement, thrill, and sense of danger bad boys bring. This is especially true for those who have been “good girls” all their lives. So they’re intrigued with men who defy rules and shrug off responsibility .

However , despite the initial attraction, most women get tired of bailing a bad boy out of jail, wondering if he’ll make it home from a party, or catching him with another woman. And once the allure of a bad boy begins to wane, women will retaliate and give them the treatment that a bad boy deserves.

And how do these relationships usually turn out?

Very poorly, I surmise. Because bad boys will always be bad boys and they will never change unless they want to. And many women learn the hard way that these bad apples are not good to eat and that bad boys make , yeah, bad partners.

I was lost in thought when I noticed the cursor highlighted and blinking, signalling an incoming chat message.

The message was from one of the bad boys in the chatroom , asking me if I cared to chat with him privately.

" I'm not big on eating bad apples" I thought. 

So I politely declined his invitation and left the chat room.


No comments:

Post a Comment